We all know that cavity is a result of bad hygienic care and consuming sugary, sticky candy. When the tooth decay appears, there is not much left to do in order to remove it but take out the tooth or drill out the decay and fill the hole with a synthetic compound.
The British Medical Journal published a study which showed that a diet can actually cure tooth decay.
This study involved 62 children, which were separated into 3 different groups to evaluate if there is a relation between cavities and nutrition. The first group consumed a traditional diet with oatmeal full with phytic acid. The second group also traditional meals with added supplement of vitamin D and the third group was on a diet without any grains but with supplements of vitamin D too.
The results showed that the first group of children had elevated cavity amount. The second group resulted in amelioration of the tooth decay and reduced the formation of it. The third group showed the best results in which almost all the cavities were healed and they had dental ameliorations.
How does the formation of tooth decay happen?
There was a man, Weston Price in the 1990s who was a pioneer if the American Dental Association and he devoted his life to discover the real cause of tooth decay by traveling the world. He discovered that there was a connection between the formation of cavities and modern foods. Price made a visit to the isolated and native tribes and noticed that they had almost no tooth decay and perfectly formed teeth. But the moment they started to consume western food, it resulted in the immediate formation of tooth decay, chronic illnesses, and bone loss.
Here are the 4 leading reasons for Tooth Decay
Dr. Weston Price, Dr. Ramid Nagel, and Dr. Edward Mellanby conducted a research in which they discovered the following four reasons for the formation of tooth decay:
- Consuming high amounts of processed sugar.
- Consuming foods full with phytic acid.
- Deficiency of phosphorus, magnesium, and calcium.
- Lack of fat-soluble Vitamins A, D, E and K. vitamin K in particular.
What can we do to cure cavities in a natural way and reverse tooth decay?
Do not consume sugar
The bacteria in our mouth uses sugar as food and hinder the dental fluids to flow naturally. Sugar is also responsible for tooth decay and decalcification of the teeth because due to its highly acidic structure it demineralizes the structural makeup of the teeth.
Do not consume phytic acid
Beans, nuts, seeds and grains contain phylate. It has the ability to inhibit the enzymes and block the minerals, and this leads to severe health conditions. In ancient times, people used to prepare food using different techniques, which actually eliminated the phytic acid by sprouting or sourdough fermentation, reducing it by 50-100%.
In the modern diet, the phytic acid from the beans and the grain bind with the phosphorus and this makes about 80% of the phosphorus not to be absorbed in the body. Other minerals which are needed for the oral health, such as magnesium, iron, zinc and calcium are also bound to these molecules. In the case of the consummation of phytic acid, it decreases the absorption of magnesium by 60%, and the absorption of zinc by 20%.
But this is not all the phytic acid do. Besides the decrease in absorption of essential minerals, it also takes out the mineral from the teeth and the bones as well – which causes osteoporosis.
Prevent cavity by making some alterations in your diet
- Consume raw dairy, which is rich in fat soluble vitamins, Vitamin D3, Vitamin K2, magnesium, phosphorus, and calcium. The best choice is to consume grass-fed cheese and butter and also kefir goats milk.
- Consume more fish, bone broth, meat, and eggs.
- Consume one fruit every day in the morning.
- Stay in the sunshine when possible or take a supplement when needed of 5,000IU of Vitamin D3 every day.
- Another healthy option is to consume fermented cod liver oil, olives, fish, coconut oil, and avocado.
- Consume only sprouted beans, nuts, and seeds.
- Avoid consuming fast food, packaged and processed food.
Perform an oil pulling treatment
The Ayurvedic medicine has been performing this amazing oral detox treatment for many centuries. All you need to do is just take 1 tablespoon of oil ( 1 drop of GRAS Clove essential oil with coconut oil) and swish it for about 20 minutes in your mouth. It is beneficial for diabetes, headaches and can treat gingivitis.
Tricks for better results in oil pulling
- It is recommended to do this immediately when you get up in the morning.
- Do this for at least 20 minutes, while you are getting ready for work, or in the shower. If you cannot do it for 20 minutes do not worry… but at least try as much as you can.
- When you finish your 20 minutes, spit the oil into the trash. Do not spit in the drain because the coconut oil can clog it. It is not recommended to swallow the oil because it has absorbed all the toxins from your mouth. You should wash your mouth with warm salt water because it has antimicrobial properties.
- Do not be concerned if the oil becomes milky white or yellow.
- Then brush your teeth like you usually do. And you can prepare your own homemade toothpaste with remineralizing effects:
Homemade toothpaste that can heal cavities
- 4 tablespoons cold pressed, unrefined coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon calcium/magnesium powder
- 5 tablespoons calcium powder
- 3 tablespoons xylitol
- 1 teaspoon bentonite clay
- 20 drops of trace minerals
You can also add 20 drops of Grass certified essential oil, spearmint, melaleuca, clove, peppermint, cinnamon or protective blend.
Take one small mason jar and mix all the ingredients together. Close it with a lid.
You can also warm a little bit the coconut oil in order to combine the ingredients better.